August 1, 2016
Dear Parents of RHS Crew:
Summer greetings from the Rye Crew Booster Club! With the fall season right around the corner, we would like to pass on a checklist of things that will need to be done by your rower to ensure that they are able to participate in pre-season training.
The anticipated start date for pre-season practice/tryouts is Thursday, August 25th, 2016.
If you know of other students who would be interested in rowing for the fall season, please feel free to forward this message.
- On or after August 1, register on RegattaCentral on the RowAmerica Rye (RAR) programs and classes page. The program you want is titled “Fall Rye HS Racing Team.” Please register as soon as possible so we can solidify roster numbers! The RAR fee per rower is $1,600.
- Complete the RHS Sports Clearance Packet and forms, via the new online system no earlier than August 1st and no later than August 15th. Your child will not be able to attend practice on 8/24 if the clearance form isn’t submitted by the 14thth. Forms can be found on the RHS Health Services tab, or by following this link:
- Complete your Swim Test, and bring your signed Swim Test Form to practice. Swim tests are mandatory for all new rowers and returning rowers who have not taken a swim test within the last calendar year. To schedule a swim test, please contact Vickie at the Rye YMCA 967-6363. Wear clothes that you would row in and bring a towel. Please see attached swim-test form. Note: the swim test can be administered by any certified lifeguard – the test does not have to be administered through the YMCA – Swim Test
- Sign the USRowing on-line waiver for Rye High School on the USRowing Roster/Waiver Portal. Use code *NMYNN*, which is the Rye High School Code.
- RowAmerica has implemented a club-wide policy that requires any rower who goes out on the water, including RHS Crew, to wear a hi-vis yellow shirt or top. Vests are no longer acceptable as the primary hi-vis layer. If a rower shows up to practice without hi-vis, he/she will not be permitted to go out on the water, no exceptions. There are many sources for hi-vis performance wear, which includes the RHS online store, Modells, Sports Authority, etc..
Information regarding practice schedules, RCBC dues, the Ergathon and Back-to-Crew Night will be sent within the next few weeks.
Again, thank you for your continued support of Rye High School Crew and the Rye Crew Booster Club. We’re looking forward to a fantastic year!
Rye Crew Booster Club Board
Maureen Gomez Maureenfirstname.lastname@example.org